Posts tagged usability
What is UX? How does art, biology, economics, anthropology, sociology, psychology (behavior and perception), popular culture, the scientific research method, hci, visual communication, interaction and user interface design all tie into one field?
Why is it so important? How do I find out more? I’ve collected a few lists of user experience and usability resources, that should guide you through the experience. You’ll notice there are quite a few mentioned across all the lists.
- A list of “prestigious, well-known and recommended” books by UX Design on Smashing Magazine. Usability and Interface Design Books – Smashing Magazine
- A collection of resources sorted into various aspects of UX by Whitney Hess, So you wanna be a user experience designer — Step 1: Resources – Pleasure and Pain
- ‘Man with No Blog’ lists some great specialized text. The Core UX Reading List – Man with No Blog
- A huge list of resources for someone seeking an exhaustive UX education. Keep on Learning – 52 Weeks of UX
- Recommended Books for your User Experience and Usability Library – UX Booth
Mind control? Seduction? How to bring users back and make them want to click? You don’t need luck, just need to study and master the science behind it. Awesome article on Smashing Magazine!